Friday, January 6, 2012

2011 In Review

I figured I would give a quick snapshot of my 2011 in review. I had a pretty boring year actually. I hope 2012 has a lot more in store for me. I guess we will just have to wait and see.


January- brought in the new year at my friend Mandi's house eating homade lasagna and BBQ smokies
February- instead of going out on a hott date for Valentine's Day, James and I decided to go eat dinner with the senior citizens at The Mayflower seafood restaurant
March- I celebrated my 24th birthday with a super fun dinner party/get together at Mellow Mushroom. I got lots of fun stuff including a blood pressure monitor from my mom. Seriously, Mom... I'm not that old yet. I paid my car off this month! That was nice! We officially adopted Miss Oreo, our kitty. I took her to the vet for shots, and all the "new pet" treatment.
April- James and I celebrated 3 official years together. Here's to many more!
May-Mother's Day was a lot of fun! I celebrated with my mama by taking her out to Texas Roadhouse with a fabulous dinner and a few mixed drinks. It was fun for both of us!
June-I got a promotion at work! I moved from Lowes Foods over to IFH Corporate to take a position in Marketing/Purchasing. (which I absolutely LOVE!) This job was such a blessing for me in more ways than one. (I can't beleive I've been here almost seven months already)
July-James celebrated his 27th birthday. He's almost at the THIRTY mark! Oreo had her kittens on James' birthday! That was so much fun to watch those little boogers grow! We were able to find great homes for all five of them!
August-School started back and I took on a full load while working full time. It was a rough few months, but I made it last semester and I have every intention of doing it again this semester.
September-My baby brother turned 19 on the anniversary of 9.11.2011. Such a sad memory for our country. Poor little Oreo got spayed! No more kitties for that mama!
October-My first big projects at work were finally done! I completed my first series of FoodShows within one week of each other. One was in South Carolina and the other was in Hickory. This was a huge accomplishment for me, and I am currently working on THREE more for the next several months. Busy, busy.
Novemeber- James and I took our annual trip to the Outerbanks following Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun, and I certainly wish we could have stayed longer. I am hoping next year we can take an extra day or two off work and spend some more time down there. We love it! We would love to move there one day when we are old and gray. Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. I always enjoy that time of year and spending time with my family, eating, and reminiscing on old times.
December- My mom moved way out in the country! We celebrated Christmas at her new house and ate a fabulous dinner, and got lots of good presents!

So that's it... a recap of my 2011. Here's to 2012.... and the memories that have yet to be made! I'm ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment