Sunday, December 11, 2011

Moving is No Fun

Yesterday I spent the entire day helping my mom move into her new house. She and my younger siblings moved about 30 minutes away from where they were living. I love the house they moved into. It's gorgeous, inside and out. It's an old farm house that was built during the civil war that has been completely remodeled. It sits on several acres of land and I'm pretty sure her closest neighbor is at least a mile away. I love it out there. The only downside of being way out in the country is that it takes forever to get back to "civilization." By civilization, I mean Walmart. Hehe! Ok, so it's not that far away... but it's far enough. It took me about 45-50 minutes to get to my apartment from there.

Mom's cats were absolutely terrified of the new place. Aerie wanted to stay in the litter box while Izzy (the mean one) just wanted to sit at the bottom of the stairs. For the first time since mom has had her I was able to hold her and snuggle with her. Here's proof.

After a hard day of moving my brother was worn out. 


I'm just so glad that she is finally moved in, and is now able to settle and get things in order the way she wants to. It's been a long time coming and I am glad that it finally happened. I'm sure plenty of sleepovers at mom's house will ensue before too long.

Home sweet home. 

2 comments:

  1. holy crap! i love that house! too cute. glad she's moved in and getting settled! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that house is super cuteeee!

    --leah

    ReplyDelete